Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Why Blogging Is Good For You

1. Blogging can be cathartic, just as journaling is. However, you also find that the benefits of online journaling (yes, this is blogging) are more beneficial because you have an audience. I find I write differently, knowing that someone will read this. My handwritten journal is a scribbly mess, full of incoherent thoughts and doodles. And my blog is... not scribbly. ;-)

2. You can make wonderful Bloggy Friends. Don't believe me? Go click on the link of Cool Kids in my sidebar (which, yes, needs updating! I know, I know). Follow some of their blogs for a while, and you will find some truly amazing people... some of whom I've actually met face-to-face. They're just as cool in person as they are 'on blog.'

3. Sometimes, you win things. :-) Thanks 3car!

At one point early in my Grumpy Frump blogging existence, I had a contest. The winner was Jaek. He won a $25 gift card to Target.

Perhaps I shall have another contest! Yes, I shall. As soon as I figure out some really cool prize, I will post the info. It might have something to do with Chipotle, but then that would eliminate those of you who don't have any Chipotle near you. Hmmm...

Stay tuned!

4 comments:

3carnations said...

We don't have Chipotle here. Offering a prize from them would be yet another way of rubbing salt in that wound. :) Maybe I would just get myself some Qdoba to make myself feel better. That's our closest thing.

Jen's Farmily said...

I agree- blogging is great! I've won a couple of things now. Mr. C is always like "How much did THAT cost?" And I'm all "NOT A DARN THING!"

stinkypaw said...

No Chipotle around here, boohoo... If Blogging is good for you, when are you coming back to it? I miss you ma'am!

Ludicrousity said...

Bring on the contests! And yay for bloggy friends!