So, I'm another year older today. As I mentioned last year at this time, I have to make a big deal out of my birthday because it's only two weeks after Christmas. If I don't, I'll end up with all those combo-Christmas/Birthday gifts. And those suck.
I've decided that, on this birthday, I'm as old as I'm ever going to get. Starting next year, I'm going to age backwards. I haven't quite figured out how to do that, but I'm a "universal genius," according to an online IQ test*... so it shouldn't be too difficult to learn. haha
As I look at this picture of my nearly two-year-old self, I wonder:
1) Whose earrings are those? My mom didn't wear stuff like that when I was two. And they have to be clip-ons, because I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 12. My mom didn't have her ears pierced until she was 30.
2) That was probably a home-grown hair cut. Nice bangs, huh?
3) I'm pretty darn close to that same hair color, although it was natural then.
4) I need to find some adult-sized jammies like those.
5) My kids really don't look like me at all. Gah.
Anyway, Happy Birthday to me... blahdy-blah-blah.
*Bob Newhart recommends in his book, I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This, that husbands and wives should never share their IQ scores with each other. He even had an episode in The Bob Newhart Show (1970s TV) that contained this same issue. After ignoring his advice... and consequently regretting it... I would highly recommend that you keep your IQ score to yourself. It could save your marriage. haha