Friday, December 22, 2006

A Very Merry Friday Why Files…

WHY #1: Why is the week before a vacation always the longest week of the year???


WHY #2: Why don’t these two have more worthwhile things to do than trade insults?


WHY #3: Why are some people so dumb? Read this year’s list of unanswered Explainer questions at slate.com. My personal favorites:

“Can you tell me how long it will take if you eat rat poison to see if it is going to affect you? Please e-mail me back. Because my niece ate some.”


And... “i need more money.....what business can i start that will not take a lot of time...i have internet access daily...........and i have saturday morning free before 12 noon to run around. i work from 7am to 9:30 pm..............”


WHY #4: Why didn’t the news team include a picture of this? I think the story merited at least one good photo.

Pac-Man is back… gobbling up dots on Highway 55”, courtesy of Canada’s CBC news.


WHY #5: Are designer eye frames a big hit on the black market or something? If not, why would this guy try to steal $3000 worth of designer frames? From an eyeglass store across the street from a police station? Oh, yeah… the owner is a karate instructor, and his assistant is a body builder.

WHY #6: (added after the initial post) Why, oh, why do I want to stab hot, searing pokers into my eyes and take a drill to my temporal lobe every time that horrible Jessican Simpson (J-Simp)/Daisy-Duke-wannabe HDTV commercial invades my television? Good GOD, make it stop!!

And while we're on the subject... how can someone who is originally from the South have such a god-awful southern accent? I know her real accent is supposed to be a Texas accent (which, supposedly is her native speak), and the "Daisy" accent is supposed to be from Georgia, but COME ON! Please oh please oh please make her just go away.

And that concludes today’s Friday Why Files.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, number 5 killed me. Could he have picked a worse place to rob? And swiping FRAMES? Is there a new trend I haven't picked up on yet?

don't call me MA'AM said...

libragirl: I know! Could they please just grow up already?

tammara: That one had me rolling... talk about your stupid criminals. haha

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on 6. ugh.

don't call me MA'AM said...

paisley: how can we make her go away???

Anonymous said...

Re: 6-- What drives me particularly insane about that commercial is how she bobs and weaves her head in what I suppose is an attempt to be sassy, but actually just looks like she has some sort of weird tic. It also makes me want to kick her in her collagen-enhanced fish mouth.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely hate that commercial. She makes me want to barf.

lizgwiz said...

Oh, that Jessica Simpson commercial. Truly worse than fingernails on a blackboard. Bleccch.

I must confess, though, that I got a big kick out of her requesting that her tribute to Dolly Parton not be aired in the Kennedy Center Honors broadcast, 'cause it was so bad. Hee. If only she always showed such self-awareness.