Wednesday, December 20, 2006

What's My Name Again????

Last night, while sitting under the dryer (getting my hair done), a woman comes over to me and says,

“Excuse me, ma’am, are you reading this magazine?” [she points at the magazine sitting on the seat next to me] *

*grrrr*

For those of you who are new here… I’ll repeat it with emphasis:

“Excuse me, ma’am, are you reading this magazine?”


That’s it. It’s official. After New Year’s, you will be able to find a "Don’t Call Me Ma’am" t-shirt exclusive. I'll post all the details as soon as it's ready.

*double grrr*

*btw, she was at least 10 years older than I am. And I know she's a stranger and most likely hasn't ever read my blog... but I just detest that word!!

7 comments:

Stinkypaw said...

Somebody asked me the other day "If not ma'am, what do you want him (the kid who had the balls to call me ma'am!) to call you, bitch?"

...I've been pondering ever since... hum...

lizgwiz said...

Yeah, I hate the ma'am thing, too. There's got to be a better way to show respect. How about just speaking respectfully? There's a thought.

nabbalicious said...

You should have looked around and said, "I don't see any ma'ams here...who are you talking to?"

Ludicrousity said...

On a smiliar topic, when is it ok to call someone 'love'? I think only if they are your partner, or you are at least 20 years older than them, and even then it's annoying and patronising. I had a girl who was a couple of years younger than me call me love yesterday. GRRR!!!

And I'd totally buy one of those t-shirts!

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the shirt!!

wire said...

Let me tell you i NEED one of those shirts. Sheesh, when are people going to get it? DON'T CAlL ME MA'AM!

don't call me MA'AM said...

stinkypaw: I honestly think I'd prefer that to "ma'am."

lizgwiz: exactly!

nabbalicious: doh! that would have been a great response! I'll remember that for next time!

ludi: yes... and it's right up there with "honey" or "dear" or "sweetie." Unless you know me personally, those are not acceptable.

I'll make sure I post the info about the shirt then!

libbe: you got it!

wire: is that because you're soooooo pretty? ;-)