1. My team plays today with their season opener. YAY!!!! I'm sooooo excited. I'm watching them on TV this afternoon (while eating two large orders of "The Works" nachos from the best Tex-Mex restaurant in the world), and then I'll be at the stadium for next week's game. Woot!
2. Something odd has happened to me. I have always been a die-hard football fan. It was burned into my soul from birth (my father had a lot to do with that). But, oddly enough, even though I'm very excited for my team to be playing... I can't stop getting excited for hockey season to start, too. Our local semi-pro team doesn't even start until October... but am I actually looking forward more to that than the football season? No, that would be blasphemy. (Shh... I think I might be, though!)
3. One of the singing groups my daughter is in sang for a midwest Red Hat Ladies convention this morning. Oh. My. God. I've never seen so much red and purple in one room. One of the boys whispered to me, "Holy cow. It's a cult!" That made me giggle a little.
4. I can't tell you the number of times this week that I've had a GREAT idea for a post. Usually, they come to me while I'm driving in my car or sitting through one of my countless, endless meetings. I never write them down or anything, and then they leave my brain just as quickly as they entered. So, just figure that I had at least three award-winning posts this week that I completely forgot about. Gah.
5. I didn't have any Friday files to post yesterday, plus I ran out of time to actually search for a few. They'll be back next week.
6. If you are in the states somewhere, and if you're not a regular Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon watcher, please consider surfing over to that station on your tube... watch a little... and also please consider donating. My family has been involved with the Muscular Dystrophy Association for a little over 30 years. My mom's best friend had a son with MD, and he just passed away last year. This will be the first time we watch the telethon since his passing... and while we know he's finally at peace and RUNNING around on cloud somewhere... it will still be a little bittersweet. MDA has made huge strides in the past 30 years, but they still need our support.
If you don't watch the telethon and would like to just donate, please go here:
MDA Online Donation Form.
Happy Labor Day Weekend! And for those of you who don't have a Labor Day on Monday, we'll be sure to drink a few margaritas for you while you're working. You can thank me later.