These are just some of the thoughts that passed through my brain the last couple of days. As usual, it's me being all haughty and know-it-all, but some things just need to be said (and, of course, I didn't actually say them when I had the chance):
1. Just because you, an adult woman, are ABLE to fit into the clothes teenagers wear, doesn't mean that you SHOULD. Oh, and if you are in your 60s and can't actually WALK in those spiky stilettos, just say no.
2. If you have more monthly debt than take-home pay, you should not splurge on something you want but do not need. Easier said than done, I know. But if you complain constantly about the fact that you have no money, and your credit history prevents you from making necessary purchases... don't splurge.
3. If you knew what you were getting into... don't complain about it after the fact.
4. Remember... 13 is a difficult age. It's even more difficult when you're the youngest one in the family. Cut her some slack every once in a while. Yes, she's annoying, but she's 13. That's her JOB.
5. Please don't drive like an arse. Yes, we see your big, shiny, yellow and black-striped monster truck with the over-sized tires and gleaming metal exhaust pipe. How could we not? Accelerating past us on a short road doing about 60 (in a 25 mph zone) is not making you look cool. It's making you look stupid.
6. Don't laugh at Andre Agassi and call him a crybaby. That standing ovation after a 21-year, very successful career would make you cry too. Besides, he earned it.
7. Be kind to each other. Yes, sarcasm can be funny... but let's just, for one day, be nice.
On another note... I am so sad about Steve Irwin. You can say what you want about his style... whether you agreed with it/liked it or not... but the man did SO much for wildlife conservation and education. What a loss. :-(