Today is Thanksgiving. I have a lot for which to be thankful... I do know that. But do I like this holiday? hmmmm....
- Only had to work three days this week; today and tomorrow are holidays at work...Thumbs WAY up!!!
- Getting up early today (on my day off) to start cooking my "designated" menu items... Thumbs down.
- Watching the traditional Thanksgiving parade while cooking... undecided. It will depend on who will be lip-syncing through their latest hit.... Thumbs sideways.
- The typical holiday feast will include turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, green bean casserole (yes, with the crunchy onions on top), veggie trays, cranberry sauce and/or cranberry/cream cheese dessert, pumpkin bread, banana bread, wheat rolls, pumpkin pie, some other kind of pie, and other multiple desserts. HAVING TO WATCH WHAT I EAT (see post below).... Thumbs down. :-(
- Knowing I can't step foot in a shopping mall tomorrow without getting trampled to the ground... Thumbs down.
- Knowing that every store, tv and radio commercial will be plugging Christmas non-stop from now until Dec. 25... Thumbs down.
- Getting together today with family who will come in from out of town.... Thumbs up.
- Going as a mega-family unit (somewhere around 30 people) to a movie later this evening... Thumbs up.
To my chums in the US... Happy Thanksgiving. To my chums outside the US... have a nice Wednesday. I'll leave you with this fabulous picture to discuss.