Things that scare me…
1. people whose faces don’t move when they talk, scream, yell, etc.
2. wondering if I’ve adequately prepared my daughters for life as women
4. what would happen if I ever have another anaphylactic attack
5. what my toes will look like in another 10 years*
6. disco music
7. the fact that I actually like SOME disco music
8. drivers who don’t know what they’re doing
9. drivers who only THINK they know what they’re doing
10. what the Farm Boy conceivably could have eaten to make him emit such horrific odors**
12. really looooonnnnggg, high escalators
13. heights in general
14. what’s hiding under my bed (no, not monsters… just all the CRAP that has been shoved under there. I don’t even want to know.)
15. smiling with spinach (or insert any food item here) in my teeth
16. looking stupid in general
17. eating Bertie Bott’s Every Flavor beans when you think you’re getting Jelly Belly’s (“earthworm” is quite a lovely surprise when you’re not expecting it)
18. most rodents
19. that leggings are “back in style”
20. my 20 year high school reunion in 9 months
21. that I’m too serious too much of the time- in real life, not in the blog
22. my [bad] temper
24. other people’s pain
Oh, this list could go on and on and on… but maybe I’ll just stop here.
Wow. That’s a little depressing in spots, huh? Well, maybe tomorrow’s post should be a list of things that make me happy. :-)
*I think my feet are disproportionately large for my frame, because I am CONSTANTLY ramming them into objects on the floor. It’s either that, or I am rotten at judging distances. It couldn’t possibly be that I am just a huge klutz. No way.
The pinky toes on both of my feet have been stubbed, jammed, broken so many times, I’ve lost count. Most recently, I stubbed my right pinky toe into our bed frame and split my toe nail in two all the way to the quick. Owie! I cried. A lot. My toes will probably look like raw hamburger by the time I’m 40 or 50.
**Sorry, honey. I love you, though, no matter what you smell like.