These are the rules to the official Grumpy Frump Princess Bride Drinking Game. Actually, now that I think of it, this was the game I played with my husband when we were first dating. And it was the night of our first kiss. So, technically, I bagged my husband using these rules. Hmmmmmm. But I digress...
The official rules state that you must take a drink, equal to one shot, one swig... whatever... each time you hear any of the following, in any order:
- Vizzini (played by Wallace Shawn) exclaiming, "Inconceivable!"
- Any utterance of "As you wish."
- "Hello. You killed my father. Prepare to die." (This one will kick your ASS toward the end of the movie!)
- Any time Fezzik (Andre the Giant) makes a rhyme ("No more rhymes! I mean it!!" "Anybody want a peanut?")
- Any time the "Dread Pirate Roberts" is mentioned.
The only other rule is that you have to be of legal drinking age to play. At least, that's a house rule here. If you can still stand by the end of the movie, you win.
The bonus round: You watch the DVD and play, and then watch the bonus features while still playing... if you're still standing, you are a master. Or a raging alcoholic. Take your pick.