Friday, March 31, 2006

Random Friday Reveries...

1. Last week, we had over a foot of snow dumped on us. For two days, it was snow, snow, snow. THIS week, we've had temps in the 60-70 degree F (15-21 C) range. So you know what that means... yes, tornadoes. Good thing they tested the warning sirens the day before! Also, it meant spending 30 minutes in a shelter area until the warnings were over. At work. Bleh.

2. Could I BE any less enthused for the opening night of Basic Instinct 2? If I hear one more tv personality tell Sharon Stone how great she looks, I'm going to barf.

Do you hear that Sharon Stone? That is the sound of your career waning away, because you refuse to find roles for SOMEONE YOUR AGE.* You are almost 50. Act it, for God's sake! You are not an ingenue anymore (not that you ever were really naive or innocent, though). The "vixen" role over the age of 50 is still very much owned by one Miss Joan Collins... so give us all a break, okay?!?

3. Had lunch with my mom and my one-year-old nephew today. A pair of bright blue baby eyes always make you feel like life is good.

4. I know there is a logical (although that point may be argued) reason for Daylight Savings Time. However, I am not holding anything back when I say that it TOTALLY SUCKS. I have enough trouble with my sleeping habits. Throwing me off an hour twice a year is just stupid ('cause it's all about me, right?!?). Plus, tomorrow afternoon, I will be driving to South Dakota for a school activity. At the end of the activity, we will leave South Dakota around 11-11:30pm. By the time we arrive back home, it will be about 2am. But... that's when Daylight Savings Time begins. SO, it will technically be 3am. GAH! Do we really need to keep doing this?

5. Funniest quote I heard today-- "Advice to prospective applicants for Naomi Campbell's new personal assistant: #1) Don't work for Naomi Campbell. #2) Especially don't work for Naomi Campbell if she has a cell phone in her hand." What a crazy bitch. How many times does she get to do this... and get away with it?

6. Someone at work keeps turning my wee little garden gnome around on my desk so that he can't see. WTF?

7. Our Chicago trip itinerary is almost 100% ready. Google Earth is ever so helpful! [wonders if the Farm Boy knows how much shopping he is going to endure?]

8. I'm in such a good mood today. "Spring Break" commences at 5pm today. I don't work at all next week (WOOT!). I'm listening to a little Electric Light Orchestra today-- Don't bring me down, no, no, no, no, noooooo! How could I possibly be in a bad mood? And, there's a hockey game tonight. Yeah, it's just all good. :-)

Happy Friday!



*Yes, I know. Roles for women over 40 are definitely hard to come by. BUT... if she keeps uncrossing her legs, she's not going to find any good roles anyway.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It might be that I'm just crabby today, but I think Sharon Stone looks creepy. I just can't pinpoint why. I saw her on the Daily Show last night and...something was off.

Ludicrousity said...

I love people who do ramdom things! Yay for the gnome turner!

I agree with the whole Sharon Stone thing, although we hear squat about it here in Oz.

I love daylight savings. I hate switching back to normal time though.

I love snow, but I hate the cold... never snows in melbourne, we have to travel to get to snow. I'm definitely going to the snow this year.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that song!!! I remember painting the house the summer it came out, so I got to hear it at least once an hour. (Crap, how did my mom talk me into painting the house during the summer? I was such a wuss!)

wire said...

ilove daylight saving - i'm going to get an extra hour of sleep tommorow and then when summer rocks around i get to be even more of a nightowl. what's not to love?

Anonymous said...

Wire - dude, you lose an hour of sleep tonight, I'm sorry to say.

I HATE daylight savings time. I'm alwayss glad to get that hour back in the fall - but the whole thing messes with my sleep patterns (which do not need messing with, especially the older and less bounce-backable I get).

Ludicrousity said...

Mmmm... extra sleep...

Red said...

When I saw the ads for Basic Instinct II (I prefer to call it Basicer Instinct), I thought, how sad... and now I can't believe how overvalidated Sharon Stone is getting for it. Please. You can only work that angle so many times. Also, what is UP with you guys and all the snow?

Anonymous said...

I have never had my hair colored (yet - I've been finding about a gray every other day for the last couple weeks, so my day may come...), but I can empathize with changing stylists. My first change came about a year and a half ago, after I returned to work after the birth of my son. My old stylist did not do Saturdays, and I no longer wanted to go straight from work and miss out on precious evening hours with my son, so I switched to a salon (and new stylist) that had Saturday appointments. I apparently had instant trust in her, because on my first appointment, I asked her to cut my hair short, because I no longer had time to blow dry and straighten it before work. She did a great job.

My last appointment I had to see someone different, because I had a change of schedule. This gal was in her young 20's, and tried to make me look "hip". I described what I needed (exactly what I already had, but an inch shorter) and she tried to give me the pointy looking sides and no part, all combed rom the side of my head. I was like...Um, no. I have a part over here and "this" (pointy sides) should be a little more consistent with the rest. I ended up back to my normal self, but with slightly fuller bangs. Could have been worse...

Poppy said...

2. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Basic Instinct 2 opened at #10 with only $3.2 million in sales. America got it right this weekend. Sharon is VOTED OFF. :P

Anonymous said...

It is a well-known fact that it's unpossible to be unhappy when you're listening to ELO.