1. Last week, we had over a foot of snow dumped on us. For two days, it was snow, snow, snow. THIS week, we've had temps in the 60-70 degree F (15-21 C) range. So you know what that means... yes, tornadoes. Good thing they tested the warning sirens the day before! Also, it meant spending 30 minutes in a shelter area until the warnings were over. At work. Bleh.
2. Could I BE any less enthused for the opening night of Basic Instinct 2? If I hear one more tv personality tell Sharon Stone how great she looks, I'm going to barf.
Do you hear that Sharon Stone? That is the sound of your career waning away, because you refuse to find roles for SOMEONE YOUR AGE.* You are almost 50. Act it, for God's sake! You are not an ingenue anymore (not that you ever were really naive or innocent, though). The "vixen" role over the age of 50 is still very much owned by one Miss Joan Collins... so give us all a break, okay?!?
3. Had lunch with my mom and my one-year-old nephew today. A pair of bright blue baby eyes always make you feel like life is good.
4. I know there is a logical (although that point may be argued) reason for Daylight Savings Time. However, I am not holding anything back when I say that it TOTALLY SUCKS. I have enough trouble with my sleeping habits. Throwing me off an hour twice a year is just stupid ('cause it's all about me, right?!?). Plus, tomorrow afternoon, I will be driving to South Dakota for a school activity. At the end of the activity, we will leave South Dakota around 11-11:30pm. By the time we arrive back home, it will be about 2am. But... that's when Daylight Savings Time begins. SO, it will technically be 3am. GAH! Do we really need to keep doing this?
5. Funniest quote I heard today-- "Advice to prospective applicants for Naomi Campbell's new personal assistant: #1) Don't work for Naomi Campbell. #2) Especially don't work for Naomi Campbell if she has a cell phone in her hand." What a crazy bitch. How many times does she get to do this... and get away with it?
6. Someone at work keeps turning my wee little garden gnome around on my desk so that he can't see. WTF?
7. Our Chicago trip itinerary is almost 100% ready. Google Earth is ever so helpful! [wonders if the Farm Boy knows how much shopping he is going to endure?]
8. I'm in such a good mood today. "Spring Break" commences at 5pm today. I don't work at all next week (WOOT!). I'm listening to a little Electric Light Orchestra today-- Don't bring me down, no, no, no, no, noooooo! How could I possibly be in a bad mood? And, there's a hockey game tonight. Yeah, it's just all good. :-)
*Yes, I know. Roles for women over 40 are definitely hard to come by. BUT... if she keeps uncrossing her legs, she's not going to find any good roles anyway.