1. I have an extraordinary sense of smell. It's always been hypersensitive, but since I had sinus surgery a year ago... I can't believe how much stronger it is. Actually, it's almost a disadvantage.
- * If someone is smoking 100 yards away (about 91.5 meters), I can smell it. And since I'm allergic to smoke, it's a bad thing.
- * When the Farm Boy rolls over while sleeping, and his face is pointed in my general direction, his breath wakes me up. (eek!) Thank goodness for Listerine breath strips, strategically placed on the nightstand. I pop one in his mouth, roll him over, and everyone can go back to sleep. Sweet! Shhh... don't tell. He doesn't even know I do this! HA!
- * If people at work are talking to me from a normal distance (read here: NOT "close talkers"), and they have bad breath... I can't concentrate on what they're saying. And since I'm pretty sure they would notice if I popped a Listerine breath strip into their mouths and would think I'm a total nut, I just suffer through it. How can people NOT know they have bad breath? Blech!
2. I was a little girl in the 70s. Tonight, the infomercial that I've been too lazy to switch off is playing "70s music explosion" (and Greg Brady is shilling for them!), a complete set of 70s hits, all through Time-Life. I must really be waxing nostalgic, because I keep getting distracted by all the songs I know.
"Keep on dancing to the rock and roll, on Saturday night. Saturday night."
"Billy, don't be a hero, don't be a fool with your life."
"You've blown it all sky high, by telling me a lie, without a reason why."
Okay, so those aren't all the really good ones (well, Saturday Night is!), but I'm actually getting tempted into buying this set! Damn you, Greg Brady! Why are you seducing me so? It's not like I can buy this at Target, either. But 10 CDs, plus two you get for FREE!, cost almost $120. Hmmm... the website says I can pay in "easy installments." Must be strong. Must. Not. Give. In. To. Johnny Bravo.
3. My hockey team won tonight. Oh, and the fights. The fights were outstanding! Start of the third period... the puck drops, and then 4 gloves were on the ice. Ooh! That means a fight for sure!
4. Imagine my shock reading the following headline: Is Whitney Houston Pregnant? Is there any amount of begging that would stop Whitney and Bobby from ever thinking of procreating again!?! But then again, Bobbi Kristina would finally have someone to understand what she's going through.
5. I can't get excited for the Oscars. I just don't care anymore. I won't watch... lucky for me, there's another hockey game Sunday. I'll just read through the list of winners on Monday morning. Red carpet pics? Bleh. I just want to see the ones who looked like Bjork in 2001 or Gwyneth in 2002. And that's just for unintentional comedy points.