We're back home... did a lot of errand running yesterday, spending time with the family, etc., which meant no time for Bloggyland. But I'm back. :-)
In our 48 hour whirlwind tour of Chicago, here are a few things we did:
* arrived at O'Hare at 7:30am.
* walked around Chicago like zombies for 3 hours until our room at the Hard Rock Hotel was ready. Thank you God for the Corner Bakery.
* ate at Bennigans.
* rode in too many taxis.
* watched a hockey game.
* ordered room service.
* slept late.
* strolled along Michigan Avenue.
* ate at the Cheesecake Factory (aka Grumpy's Nirvana).
* saw Chicago from Big John. And I'm deathly afraid of heights. I couldn't even go all the way up to the windows. C'mon! 94 stories!!! I'm dizzy just thinking about it.
* shopped at Water Tower Place.
* spent a crapload of money.
* went to the Shedd Aquarium. Watched beluga whale training. LOVE beluga whales!!!
* had a drink at the Hard Rock.
* ate dinner at the airport.
* flew through a nasty storm in a commuter jet. Didn't puke, but the guy behind me did.
* arrived home at 11:45pm.
* waited over an hour for luggage to arrive two flights later.
* drove home and finally went to bed around 1:30am.
... and if you were the person who called my cell phone at 8:30 am that morning and then hung up (assuming it was a wrong number), I HATE YOU.
There was a Chipotle a half a block from our hotel. Farm Boy said we couldn't eat there, because we needed to do something DIFFERENT for a change. Arrrgggh.
So, that was my trip. Not very eventful. Steven Tyler and David Bowie were pieces of art in our room. In fact, David Bowie watched me shower a couple of times. Cheeky!! Oh, baby! Just you shut your mouth!