Thursday, May 11, 2006

Brought to you by the letter F...

-r- posted about the letter "N," and gave me a great idea for a post today. So, here are all things "F" related as of right now:

1. Fried. As in the state of my brain (of course, not due to any type of chemicals).

2. Football, Fall, and Favorite. Because football is my favorite, and football also means it's fall (better known as autumn), which is also my favorite. Also, the newspapers and sports shows are already talking about college football... and it's still technically 3 months away.

3. Fabulous. A word that I say far too often. "Hey, thanks for helping me out with that project. You're fabulous!" "Wow! What a stunning outfit you have on today. It's just fabulous!" "I'm chaperoning HOW many kids this weekend? Oh, fabulous."

4. Frump. Webster's definition: "a dowdy unattractive girl or woman." And I named my blog what?!?! Gee, self-fulfilling prophecy and all that.

5. Five. As in "High Five." (that's for you, hannah and julie gong)

6. Falafel. I have always wanted to try falafel, and never have. Plus, it's just cool to say (try it. you'll like it. All the cool kids are saying it!).

7. Faeries. I do believe in faeries *clap, clap, clap*... and that's the more interesting spelling. But also, Fairies, as in Photographing Fairies. Anyone ever seen this movie? Pretty cool.

8. Farm Boy and Fezzik. The two best characters from the Princess Bride. And the former is a nickname I gave to some guy... but I forget who.

9. Feng Shui. A practice I'm starting to consider... because my chi is definitely needing some flow. Will the feng shui club please stop rearranging the school lawn furniture?

10. Fo' shizzle. Because I was an 80s girl who walked around saying, "For sure!" in my little fakey-Valley girl accent... and I need a change. Oh, I know... it's very five minutes years ago, but that's just the kind of thing I like to do to throw off the voices in my your head.

6 comments:

Red said...

You must try falafel, girl, I insist!

Picture a couple of falafel balls in a pita bread wrap oozing with houmous and loads of fresh veggies... and chips on the side, of course (to counter all that goodness!).

Give it a go and let me know how you like it.

(Of course, this could be a mistake if you don't like chickpeas...)

Paisley said...

mmmm....falafel. mmmmmmmm

don't call me MA'AM said...

MPB: No, I've only recently become a hockey fan. I live, eat, breathe, and bleed football. ;-)

red: I KNOW! It sounds so yummy... just never really remember to make some when I should. And I do love chickpeas... we call them garbanzo beans. Mmmm, hummus. Yum!

paisley: I hope I'm not contributing to another pregnant woman craving!! ;-)

Nessa said...

I liked the fairies inFairy Tale – A True Story

Anonymous said...

Never had falafel, but mmm, I could go for some hummus right now.

don't call me MA'AM said...

goldennib: I don't think I've ever seen that one.

MPB: I actually prefer college football to pro.

nabbalicious: me, too. Except it's too late now, and I need to go to bed. Hummus is not a good late night snack for me. ;-(