Friday, May 19, 2006

I heart bloggers...

It takes a village to raise a child....

... and it takes a blogging community to cheer me up. :-)

Ah, 'tis Friday, my favorite day of the week, next to Saturdays when I get to sleep in. Today, I worked a half day, then I took my aunt to a spa. She got a massage, and I got a pedicure. Not just any old plain boring pedicure.... a whirlpool spa pedicure. Ah, sweet heaven. I must do that more often.

We're heading into the busiest season of the year right now at work. It will pick up steam up through the first part of June, die down a little in early July, and then go full throttle again at the end of July into August. So, I will be some kind of insane, goopy mess, possibly resembling Gak. No, not the meth definition... that gooey stuff that they used to sell and promote on Nickelodeon. If I do turn into Gak, I hope I'm purple. Or maybe pink. But not that neon green stuff. Ick.

So... thanks again everyone. You rock. or RAWK. Whichever you prefer.

Oh, and I added some new Cool Kids, so check them out. Funny people! If you are a frequent reader/non-lurker, and I don't have your name in the Cool Kids, it's an oversight. So call me on it.

Happy Friday! (oops, I just realized I didn't post WHY files today. I'll post them tomorrow!)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your loving husband helped cheer you up...

don't call me MA'AM said...

And of course! The Farm Boy ALWAYS cheers me up. :-)

Anonymous said...

Too little, too late, baby.

Now you have to cheer me up (boo hoo!)

Ludicrousity said...

Perhaps you coudl post about why you didn't post the why files. That's a mystery in itself really.

Anonymous said...

:-) You frequently cheer me up, too. I'm glad to return the favor!

Nessa said...

I'm happy you're happy. Are you happy you're happy? I'm happy I'm one of your Cool Kids. Thanks.

Guinness_Girl said...

Whee! After 30 years of dorkiness, I'm FINALLY considered cool! Kickass.

Red said...

Maybe every time work picks up, schedule a whirlpool spa pedi... and then you'll come to associate crazy work with happy feet. Maybe?

don't call me MA'AM said...

ludi: great idea. That will be #1. ;-)

tammara: thanks.... now I just have to figure out how to cheer up the Farm Boy, although that shouldn't be too tough to figure out. ;-)

MPB: weekly massages should be provided as part of a local "keep your mental and physical self healthy" kind of program.

goldennib: well, I'm happy that you're happy that I'm happy. So, are well even happier? haha And you're WAY cool.

guinness: TOTALLY kickass! No way you're a dork. Not here anyway!

red: that's an interesting way of looking at it. Crazy work=Happy feet. And you know... if you're feet are happy, everything's happy. Great idea!