Friday, June 09, 2006

A steaming hot pile of Friday Why Files...

WHY #1: Why does my hair look like Marlo Thomas' hair in That Girl today? Gah!

Oh, and fyi... this show was 'before my time,' so no age cracks, please.

WHY #2: Why the hell heck is it so freaking hot outside already?!? Sheesh! It's only June!

WHY #3: Why couldn't they wait until after school... and then "knock it out" in a park somewhere? Activity fee: $35.00. Phys Ed uniform cleaning fee: $10.00. Catching two of your teachers having sex in a classroom DURING SCHOOL HOURS: Priceless.

(A separate WTF? moment... what is with the teachers lately? As a former teacher, I am truly speechless at all the insanity. Sex with students, sex during the school day? Who ARE these idiots?!?!)

WHY #4: Why does the media insist upon posting pictures of dead guys? Zarqawi is dead. I'll take your word for it. Please, for the love of Bob, stop showing pictures of his dead body!! They all did the same thing with the spawn of Saddam, Uday and Qusay. As soon as they were killed, their dead photos were all over the place. The media fascination with the macabre is beyond my comprehension.

WHY #5: Why, why, WHY can't I find a job like this?!?! I'm a fabulous researcher. Ask anybody. Pay me $1 million, and I'll get you whatever you want to know.

WHY #6: This one is almost too good. The "WHY" is why didn't anyone catch this before now. An engineer for the city of Des Moines "swears that consultants who work for the city did not design the $5.7 million detention basin to resemble anything."

Trust me.... if you don't follow any of the links today, at least click on this one to view the picture. It's worth it.

And this concludes today's Friday Why Files...

16 comments:

Jaek said...

On #4: I had a couple hot teachers, especially Mrs. Way who was only 24 when I was an 18 year old senior. Why weren't teachers having sex then? With me? Oh, yeah...I was a nerd.

On #6: I'm not sure if I would rather live at the base or near the tip.

Ludicrousity said...

#6, how did no one pick that up when they were building it?
#3, what the? Get a grip people!
#2, I wish it was hotter hear, we just hit winter!
#1, I'm sure your hair looks great! :)
#4. we don't get that here fortunately! Must be an American media thing. Yay for Australia! It's not often I praise the media for not being overly sensational!
#5, give ME that job!

don't call me MA'AM said...

jaek: AHHHHHHHAAAAHAHAHAHA! Too funny.

ludi: I know. When we're freezing, you're all nice and toasty warm. When we're in a heat wave, you're freezing. Cuh-razy, isn't it?! (okay, I guess it has something to do with being on opposite sides of the equator, but it's no fun being intellectual about it, now is it?)

Ludicrousity said...

Maybe I can come visit you for your summer and you can come visit me for mine! :)

Nessa said...

I used to watch "That Girl".

I was never too impressed with the intelligence and behavior of most teachers I ever met, either as a student or when I taught. Unfortunately, the adage, "Those who can't, teach", came from reality.

I want a good job like that, too.

Remember those photographs of dead cowboys? Our media has been into this a long time.

I think some engineer must have been overcompensating.

Anonymous said...

Engineers denying their stab at penis humor. Riiiiight. It was all an accident. We swear.

At least the teachers were having sex with each other and not their students. (How very, very sad that it seems normal now to make that sort of observation...)

stinkypaw said...

#3- at least it wasn't with with a student, which would have been a lot worst. I guess for some their urges are stronger than their brain "powers" (power is a bit strong here!)

#4 - I don't even know who is is... it is because I don't really follow the news or because I'm Canadian?! hummm?!!

#5- You ARE a great researcher - look at all those "why" you have, you are looking for answers, maybe you'll get a grant, who knows?

Keep it up! =^..^=

Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. That teachers having sex story killed me! Wow.

don't call me MA'AM said...

ludi: sounds like a deal! Oh, except I actually prefer autumn. ;-)

goldennib: I remember a lot of That Girl, but I think it was from the last season or so.

I taught with some pretty good teachers... and I had some pretty good teachers, too. I don't know, I guess I'm just really disappointed with the state of a lot of them now.

My husband and I were just talking about the dead cowboy pictures. Ew.

tammara: yeah, a "coincidence." Whatever.

I was just thinking the same thing about the teachers... although, then it made me think of a couple of my teachers whom we all assumed were having an affair. Not an image I want burned into my brain. Blech!

stinkypaw: the dead guy is the head of the Iraqi Al-Qaeda.

And are YOU offering the grant? Do you have a million just lying around? haha

othur-me: hahahaha! I almost peed myself over that one!

nabbalicious: creepy, huh. The Smoking Gun even published a picture of the female teacher. There's some notoriety for you!

Nessa said...

Where's the male teacher's picture?

Nessa said...

And I've known some really good teachers, too.

Red said...

Well, I'm at least a little relieved that we've moved on from having sex with students to having sex with another adult in a classroom. Twisted though it may be, it DOES seem like a step in the right direction.

JulieGong said...

#6 just made my Monday

don't call me MA'AM said...

goldennib: I don't know why they didn't post the male teacher's photo. That pretty much sucks, though!

red: still a misstep, but you're right... at least it's in the right direction. haha

julie_gong: I'm here to serve. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ahh! Gasping in shock at the illustration. There's a building in Winston-Salem, N.C., affectionately referred to as "The Phallis Palace" due to its unfortunate shape. The story's ever better: Someone proposed the design, knowing what it looked like, and everyone that approved it was to embarassed to point it out. Bwah!

don't call me MA'AM said...

nabbalicious: our state capital is the "Penis of the Plains." Similar design, I'm sure. Creepy is what it is.