Saturday, February 10, 2007

I am a HUGE Nerd...

I love Star Wars. Blame it on my age... I was 8 when the first one came out. So, basically, I grew up with the first three movies.

You can dog on George Lucas all you want for the goofy characters (yes, Jar-Jar, I'm looking at you), the not-so-great acting, the cheesy dialogue... I don't care. I love it all.

One of those movie cable stations that is known by three letters has been playing all six movies lately. I caught the last part of The Empire Strikes Back (my personal favorite of the six)yesterday, and then Return of the Jedi was on again this morning.

And blast that George Lucas... he's changed it AGAIN. A few years back, he remastered the original three movies, added a few new scenes, and asked John Williams to rescore a few scenes. So imagine my surprise this morning when I noticed that the very last scene had been changed yet again. I won't ruin it for those of you who want to watch it yourselves. But I did like this change. It makes more sense, and is even a little more of an emotional tug.

And no, I didn't get misty or anything while watching the end again. Nope. Not one bit. Uh-uh. Not me.

I know... I'm a huge nerd.

6 comments:

Ludicrousity said...

Gotta love star wars.

metalia said...

I have...um...never seen Star Wars. Any of 'em. (Can we still be (blog)friends?)

Red said...

Seriously? The ending is changed? That's terribly disappointing. I have love for Star Wars too, although only the old three. I used to want to be Princess Leia. Also, I think you're only a HUGE nerd if you roleplay your favorite scenes from it in your spare time...

stinkypaw said...

As long as you know it and are ok with it, there's no problem! ;-)

don't call me MA'AM said...

ludi: oh yeah.

metalia: even though you have self-proclaimed nerd-dom, I don't think you truly qualify now. ;-) But yes, we're still bloggy friends!

red: not entirely... just one little thing. I don't think it spoils anything, truly.

Oh, and absolutely no role playing allowed... although my best friend has always called me "PL" because she thinks I look like Leia.

stinkypaw: so, admitting I'm a nerd makes it okay? I'm good with that!

lizgwiz said...

I loved the first three, but haven't been able to make it through any of the "prequel" three. And I think George Lucas is just tweaking, knowing all the Star Wars "nerds" will buy any new version that comes out. Stop, George! They're fine.