Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Another set of Random Gripes...

I don't have one main topic today, so bear with me as I straggle along these completely unrelated topics:

1) The Farm Boy is brilliant. Truly, he is. He's a successful business owner, and he started his business from the ground up. I'm extremely proud of him.

But that's what makes mornings like the one we had today so crazy. I went to the garage this morning and pushed the button on the remote to unlock the car doors. No problem. Well, except the lights inside the car always light up when the doors are unlocked. They didn't today. "How odd," I thought to myself.

Then I climbed into the driver's seat. "Hmmm... what is that strange-looking light on the dashboard? Isn't that usually the light that indicates no battery? Maybe I'd better try to start the car."

As I attempted to put my keys in the ignition, I noticed... something was already there. "Hey, those are the Farm Boy's keys! Why are they still in the car? And... why are they still in the on-but-not-running position? Oh, crap. He left the keys in the car last night and didn't turn the car all the way off. Brilliant."

So, no battery this morning. Gah. What's an intelligent Grumpy Frump to do? Make the Farm Boy come back and jump her car? You betcha!

So, the Farm Boy is a brilliant man who occasionally does some really bonehead things. I think I can live with that. ;-)

next

2) If you've been around a while, you know I hate Daylight Saving time... on or off. Changing the clocks just messes me up. So, what did I hear yesterday? Are you kidding me? We're changing the dates now? Puh-leeze. Oh, and my favorite part of this new idea is that the "change" could be temporary. We're going to do a study to see if it makes a positive impact. If not, we'll go back to the way it was before. Gah!!

For those of you who do not know, in the US (well, most of us anyway), we will now be springing ahead the second Sunday in March and falling back on the first Sunday of November... effective times 2am both dates.

I now know this was signed into effect two years ago with the Energy Policy Act and all that... but how did I miss this very important part of it? (important to me, of course)


next

3) Could somebody please explain to me what the fascination is with "Fast & the Furious"-pimping of crappy little 4-door sedans?

There's a guy who works in the same office building I do... he walks into the office every day carrying his steering wheel. It's a fairly expensive brand, and he's afraid someone will break into his car and steal it. Having not seen his car, I assumed the car was somewhat expensive as well. Well, maybe not so much. I saw him pull in the other morning...

...in a very crappy, little white car that rhymes with Shonda Bivic, circa 1990. Kind of like this one.

But crappier.

With a spoiler.
And some type of backbox on the muffler. When he drives, it sounds like a little dirt bike with the sniffles.

WTF, mate?

Photo credit: epinions.com

6 comments:

stinkypaw said...

Hubby is also brilliant and I love him dearlym but at time I'm simply amaze by the boneheaded moves he'll pull - glad to see I'm not the only one! ;-)

metalia said...

He carries...his steering wheel? Into work? Wow. Is this a thing that people do? I've just learned my new thing for the day, and I don't think I like it.

Paisley said...

How expensive IS this steering wheel? Wow. That is pretty lame. There are some wacky dudes out there, for sure. I thought it was bad when people would carry around their radio face plate. Maybe he should get the club. Who'd steal it then, with a club attached to it?

I once almost locked and shut my car door in the grocery store parking lot WHILE IT WAS RUNNING. So glad I caught that one. Doh!

lizgwiz said...

Ooh, Daylight Saving Time--don't even get me started. Grrrr. Hate.

A detachable steering wheel? I used to have a pull-out stereo and even that got so tiresome I stopped caring and just left it in. Caring around my steering wheel? Never in a million years.

don't call me MA'AM said...

pais: I don't know, but he acts like it's pure gold. One of these days I might run at him like I'm going to steal his steering wheel and run away. haha

lizgwiz: I did the same thing with my stereo face plate, and that was the night some fool broke into my car and tried to steal my stereo. All he got was the face plate. Gah.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA... that's all I can say...

:-)