Tuesday, March 13, 2007

5 Things Making Me Smile...

1. Ah, good old Nebraska weather. If you don't like it, wait five minutes.

Today, we set a record high: 80 degrees F (about 27 C). 12 days ago, we had the biggest blizzard in about 30 years, and my family was stuck in our house for 2.5 days. The low temps this weekend will probably dip down below freezing again, so we're likely to experience a 60 degree temperature swing in a matter of three days. Gotta love it!

I'm not going to complain, though. Today was absolutely lovely. Everyone was smiling, driving around with windows open, and hooky alerts were flying high in schools and offices around town. I considered jumping on a driving range this evening, but I didn't have my clubs with me.

2. I am sooooooo PMSing right now. BUT, the good side is, no 5lb PMS weight. Suh-weet! Still not sure how that happened.

Or... WAIT! Does that mean that I really lost 5 more pounds, because I did actually put on the extra 5 lbs of water weight??? So I'll be 5 lbs lighter in a couple of days??? Either way, I don't care. I'm just happy.

3. I stopped at the drugstore yesterday, aka That Ideal Store in the Land of Perfect, but Not Really... and guess what? They had Buy One, Get One FREE products!!! The free stuff was Revlon, not one of my faves, but I'll take free lip gloss anyday. Well, sort of free. I still had to buy one. But what a deal! Ummm, okay, I might have purchased more than one. Told ya I was a sucker.

4. I have a day off on Friday. Yay! But I have to go to the dentist. Boo. But that means I will have shiny teeth! Yay!

Speaking of Shiny Teeth....

5. This song makes me want to jump up and down, grinning from ear to ear, and then dance all around my house. I double-dog dare you to TRY and sit still while it plays. You can purchase/download the original video from iTunes here, or you can sit back dance and enjoy this person's interpretation via YouTube:

9 comments:

Ludicrousity said...

Sounds like Melbourne weather...

It certainly is a boppy of song!

Brie said...

*attempts to sit still* heehee very cute song.

and it does sounds like melbourne weather... i think it was about 27 C here today too :)

aargh i hate buy one get one free offers. luckily i can't usually get sucked into them due to lack of funds though so i'm safe for the moment, until i get a credit card all of my own lol

Nessa said...

My feets did the happy dance.

Stefanie said...

Minnesota weather's the same way. We had only 62 degrees yesterday, though, not 80. And this afternoon they're predicting snow. Fun.

don't call me MA'AM said...

ludi: "boppy" is a very good term for it! :-) And I hope to find out for myself about the comparison to Melbourne's weather. Someday. *sigh*

aimless: Could you sit still? I'm listening to it again right now and just cannot. ;-) Ah, and credit cards. They're evil, I tell you. haha

goldennib: Yay! We'll have to start a Happy Feets club.

stefanie: Yes, exactly. Up and down weather is not my favorite. I guess it's the price one pays for actually having seasons.

-R- said...

I just bought Revlon ColorStay Overtime Sheer lip gloss this weekend at Target. Thus no savings! Aargh. However, I love the lip gloss, so I may go buy two more (one of which will be free) at Walgreens if I get home before Walgreens closes (which is unlikely). (I love parentheses.)

metalia said...

CONGRATS on the weight loss! And enjoy the nice weather; we're getting a snowstorm tomorrow. Ick.

My word verification thing is "nubnar." I don't know why, but that makes me giggle.

don't call me MA'AM said...

-r-: let me know which shades you get. I can never choose! Oh, and I love parentheses, too... almost as much as points of ellipsis. haha

metalia: thanks! And ick is right... March should not equal snow. Nubnar. That's my new word for everything. "What? Shut up, you're sooooo nubnar!" ;-)

Brie said...

today = fog. i don't like fog. i enjoy seeing where i'm walking.

but anywayyyys i just thought i should comment on the general cuteness of 'happy feet'... heheh