Monday, January 23, 2006
I'm feeling much better now...
... and no, I'm not some dead girl/ghost hiding in a tent with Haley Joel Osment (or grabbing his ankle from my position under the bed... that part FREAKED ME OUT!). BTW, how did I not know that Mischa Barton played the little dead girl whose mom had poisoned her. But I digress... I'm not dead, and life is good.
I'm done feeling sorry for myself. Nothing ever gets accomplished when I do that anyway. So... it's out, and it's over. Yippee! Thanks to Kim and Paisley and Julie for the encouragement.
According to Kim (actually, according to the Edmonton Journal), today is the most depressing day of the year. So, I've got the Winter Blues. Yippee Skippee. Get over it.
Things to be happy about/thankful for:
1. I can end a sentence or phrase in a preposition and not have a cow. It's a blog. There are no rules here.
2. Thursday and Friday are vacation days for me. I'm going to schedule some pampering to help rid myself completely of the Winter Blues.
3. I have a really great husband. And he's hot. And he puts up with me. Did I mention that he's hot?
4. Our kids, ages 12, 13, 14, and 16. (Yeah, I was 12 when the first one was born. Okay... so I'm lying. I was 20 when she was born. Kids having kids. Gah.) They are all good kids. We're both lucky.
5. Relating to #4, we're a blended family of 2+2=4 kids. And they get along. Where did we go RIGHT?
6. I have a job. I don't always like it, but I HAVE A JOB. It pays well, and I should appreciate it more.
7. All the things I want to do but don't have time to do now... they can wait. My kids will only be this age once, and I need to take advantage of this time with them. While they still like me most of the time.
8. Even when money is short at the end of the month (like now), I still had enough to pay all my bills. I've waited years to be able to say/write/type that. SO I can't buy what I want until NEXT week. Oh, well.
9. Being busy all the time is better than having absolutely nothing to do.
10. Did I mention that my husband is HOT? ;-)