Wednesday, January 25, 2006
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin', c'mon get happy...
Eerily cheerful... day #2*:
1. Ah, I heart little kids. I work in a school district, but I don't teach anymore. Today, I spent 30 minutes working with two little boys who are struggling in reading. It's kind of an "administration-good-will" program where we go into the schools and help out a little. They're in 4th grade and such cute little guys. That put me in such a good mood today! I should spend an hour in an elementary school every day. It might actually make me smile more often.
2. Gabrielle posted this link to another posting with a great "oh-I-didn't-mean-to-send-that-email-Julia-Roberts-Best-Friend's-Wedding-like-operation" story. Believe me when I say, hilarity ensued.
2a. We use GroupWise for email. As long as you retract a "mistake" PRIOR to anyone opening the email, it's like you never even hit Send. Done it. Still have a job. Yep.
3. No one in my state is talking about using IMPALEMENT as a state-sponsored corporal punishment.
4. Darren gave me a blog award. Screw the Bloggies. This one means ever so much more. Feelin' the love. It's a good thing.
5. Anniversary today. Nice dinner tonight. More smiling later tonight. Although, I must say... the florist must be late. No deliveries to my desk yet. Update! A dozen roses, a Happy Anniversary balloon, an I Love You balloon, and a box of Russell Stover's was delivered to my desk at 2:00pm CST. He loves me. *grin*
It's a good day.
*Photo credit: http://bits.webhs.org/blog/World%20Smile.jpg